Way to go, students! We are so proud of their accomplishments. Below are a few of numerous assignments that teachers could not help but share. Check back through the end of the school year for additions to our list.
- Two of our students from Betsy Dill’s Creative Writing class wrote biographical features of author Mary Yerkes which received acclaim from the author, their teacher, and others. Here’s what Mary said, “Your students, at least the ones who wrote the two articles you sent, write better than the professionals I work with in the corporate world. No exaggeration!”
- John Jenkin’s Journalism 101 and Effective Writing classes gives students an opportunity to explore topics of interest and personal experiences through non-fiction storytelling and college-level essays. The articles and paper below are fantastic examples of just how successful student writing can be.
- Rachel Grace: Can Girls Make it in Sailing? Why we try anyway.
- Nina Ziu: Canine Coppers, The White House Guard Dogs
- Sarah Bliss: Slovakia, A land of history, mystery, and some really great views
- Elizabeth Hirscher: Truffles, From the Farm to Your Plate